Monday, December 15, 2008

MyWorld Tuesday

Photobucket

This photo was taken in Bergedorf, a district in the East of Hamburg. It's a pumpjack for petroleum and when I first saw it, I was totally surprised because I had no idea that there were petroleum deposits here (and it's news to many people born in Hamburg, too). There are quite a few of those pumpjacks in that area, so it must be profitable. But it's still a weird sight for Hamburg, just about the last thing I would have expected.

Explore other people's world over at MyWorldTuesday

14 comments:

Guy D said...

Great shot, thanks for sharing your world.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Well, that IS a surprise! I never would have guessed it. See what I can learn blogging?!

ewok1993 said...

Now, is that a good news or not. Thanks for sharing this discovery with us. Have a good week.

babooshka said...

What a strange thing to find in your part of the world.

Wren said...

It looks like a giant animal you should feed. :)

Stacey Huston said...

Thanks for sharing. these are a common sight in my world..

kayleen said...

the strangest things turn up in the strangest places sometimes. hadn't seen one of these things in years and when I saw one recently I realized I had forgotten how awful they smell.

Dirk said...

Petroleum in Hamburg?? Schönes Bild, aber das hätte ich nicht erwartet.
Dirkjogt, Belgium (auch Terry Pratchett-Fan)

Indrani said...

Pumpjacks are not seen here. If petroleum deposits are around it is good news!

fishing guy said...

Jennife: That was an interesting thing to share about your world.

Mar said...

Truly a surprise!!

Mar said...

Truly a surprise!!

The Good Life in Virginia said...

interesting post...amazing what one stumbles upon.
thanks for sharing...

Lilli & Nevada said...

Now that is an interesting find.Looks like some of the oil drills here in the states