Monday, February 2, 2009

MyWorld Tuesday

Photobucket

My boyfriend worked in England for three months last year and when I came to visit, London was of course a must. I've been to London many times and it's my favourite city, I just love it. This time it was especially awesome because we went to see the Doctor Who exhibition. I started watching the show with Christopher Ecclestone as the ninth Doctor (the classic series was shown only once in German TV and then I was too young to watch it - thank God for the internet or I would have to suffer through the dubbed version now!) and I had a blast at the exhibition. The above photo shows a clockwork android, those are really creepy, but one of my favourite Whomonsters.

Photobucket
An Ood. How can you not love a face like this?

Photobucket
Cassandra - moisturize me *g*

Photobucket
Cybermen

Photobucket
a Dalek - I knew them even before I knew Doctor Who and I've always liked that design. Especially the plumber's helper and the egg whisk (I'm quite sure that's what they used, at least in the original show). But they are frightening somehow!

Photobucket
and of course the Weeping Angels, positioned right behind a corner. Don't blink!

If you're a Whovian and have the chance to visit the exhibition, then by all means do so, it's really worth it and absolutely not crowded, since you have to buy tickets in advance and only a certain number is sold for each timeslot. The one in London is now closed, but there are others http://www.doctorwhoexhibition.com/

Travel around the world over at MyWorld Tuesday

23 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Oh dear, these photos are brilliant! So colourful and yet so sharp! I also liked DrWho. When we watched it, Dr Who was Tom....something(sorry I forgot, it was 31 years ago)My son was 5years old and he ran out of the room when he heard the music, for he was very frightened. It stands to reason that we didn't watch it often with him being scared.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Creepy? YES! But also very entertaining. ;-)

Reader Wil said...

Yes, it was Tom Baker! I saw him not so long ago in a Scottish series. He was much older now, but still a great actor.

Denise said...

I loved this post as I have been a big Dr. Who fan for many years, ever since the beginning when I was quite young. To see your photos was so much fun. I would love to go to that exhibition. If I was in London I would be waiting in line for the tickets but am content to look at your great photographs. I was watching a Dr. Who show only this weekend.

JoAnn's-D-Eyes said...

brrrrrrrrrrrr, |The second photo made me sick brrr but I agree with R Wil, the photo's itself are great, I like costumes I csan dream of this masks, pfff even get nightmares, creepy yes thats the right word.

MyWORLD in HOLLAND is cold with frozen canals and a windmill, or maybe do you like skating? Or watch my CROWM-story:) smile!

I welcome you to visit my blog here:
www.joannwalraven.blogspot.com

JoAnn/HOLLAND

Guy D said...

Wow what a cool place that would be to visit, great shots.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

fishing guy said...

Jennife: Nicely shown with all the sci-fi characters.

Robert V. Sobczak said...

That all looks vaguely scary, especially the second one. I'm not much in to monsters or fantasy other than Bigfoot ...

Janie said...

Great photos of the exhibits. Makes me want to go.

ViennaDaily said...

My heart skipped a bit seeing the 2nd photo lol!

Very nice posting these, creepy and all but thanks!

Babooshka said...

Now this is part of my childhood. Thanks you very much for this post, especially the Dalek. Just mad.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

what a fascintating post. i watch the show here in the US...like it very much. and, if i ever stop over in london enroute to some place else in europe i will keep this in mind.

thanks for sharing.

erin

2swertnsaxy said...

That must have been a fun place to visit. Great shots!
:-)

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Oh those Daleks used to terrify me as a child, but this looks like fun. If you love London you need to come see my post this week.

Swarna said...

Scary, strange, curiosity-rousing!
May not be among my priorities, though! :)

Gattina said...

Yikes, that one picture was really creapy! I love London too, my son lived there for 10 years so I have been there quite often !

Sara G said...

Very interesting photo's!!
Thanks for sharing your part of the world with us.

Fadil Wimala said...

scary...

Wren said...

Science fiction writers are extremely imaginative and creative. And the museum brings it all to life.

Lawstude said...

scary indeed and something different for myworld.

let me share my white water rafting adventure to you here

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh my gosh this is such an interesting post i am so glad that i scrolled down to catch up from the week. Very creepy

Judy said...

I saw a program that had Weeping Angels in it, which was not Dr. Who. I never heard of them before. Odd how things leap around on TV.

~ Keara said...

Oooo! I'm so jealous! I would give my right arm to see the exhibition in Cardiff. Alas, I'm in the US and don't have any plans or hope to visit the UK anytime soon. My 8 yr old son and I can dream though!