Saturday, September 26, 2009

Camera Critter: Asian Tree Frog

Photobucket

I just came across some old pictures of a pair of frogs I once kept. They were Asian Tree Frogs aka Four-Lined tree frogs, Polypedates leucomystax. The female (above) was called Sally and with a length of three inches about two times the size of her male, Linus.
Photobucket

They are not the most colourful frogs, but incredibly photogenic and I enjoyed having them. They were both wildcaught because at the time I didn't know a thing about the pet trade and wasn't aware that there even was such a thing was a wildcaught pet. These days, the majority of my pets are adopted or at lest come from a good breeder.

Both Sally and Linus called, which is unusual for tree frogs - but none of them called loudly, which is another reason why I liked them so much. Most tree frog species have really loud voices and you do not want to keep them in your apartment.
They were with me for six years after I already got them as adults and then died of old age.
Photobucket

This is a Camera Critters post, maybe you want to play too?

10 comments:

Babooshka said...

That is actually really cute.

Adrienne in Ohio said...

I love the frog's expression in that last shot.

We love Luna said...

wow he is cute, what a fabulous eyes! ;)
Happy Camera critters
purrs and love
Luna

Diane said...

photogenic indeed! what a cute facial expression!

Joy said...

Those eyes are just out-of-sight amazing!

teresa said...

wonderful photos! They are amazing creatures for sure.

Snap said...

How lovely. I love tree frogs and these are wonderful shots of your special friends.

Tulip said...

great captured of a beautiful yellow frog.

my entry: http://www.myspnv.com/

eileeninmd said...

How cute. I love froggs and this one is jsut adorable. Thanks for sharing your critter.

SquirrelQueen said...

He is absolutely adorable, I love the last photo showing his eyes. Great shots.
SQ