Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ABC Wednesday: S is for Sleep

Photobucket
red kangaroo

Photobucket
polar bear

Photobucket
coati

Photobucket
Esme, one of my fancy mice

Photobucket
binturong

Photobucket
tapir

Photobucket
arctic fox

Photobucket
Schlewsiger draught horse

Photobucket
Capybara

Photobucket
Siberian tiger

Photobucket
my bearded dragon - he loves sleeping in weird positions

Photobucket
Frida, one of my budgies

If you are not too tired, go and find out what else S stand for at the ABC Wedneyday meme

Zoo photos taken at Burger's Zoo and Hagenbecks Tierpark, published with kind permission.

15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, such a delightful group of photos for the S day!! I love all of the animals! What a fun post!!

Thanks for the smiles!

Sylvia

photowannabe said...

Yawn, you made me sleepy looking at all the fabulous creatures. Wonderful shots and a fun choice for S.

Q said...

Very restful post!
Happy ABC Wednesday!
Sherry

Roger Owen Green said...

I have insomnia. Don't know if I...wa..zzzz

Mara said...

Yawn! I am getting tired now after looking at all those animals sleeping...

Rose said...

These are wonderful photos! I like to take photos of my cats and my dog sleeping, but you have quite a collection of unusual animals here. The little kangaroo is adorable. Great post--thanks for sharing!

moongipsies said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawe :)

Dina said...

Ha, what a great collection of sleepers!! It must have been Schlafstunde (which BTW is the German term we use in Israel for siesta time).
Your pets are so sweet.

Sistertex said...

Wow...I really feel like I need a nap! Great post, I really enjoyed it.

Reader Wil said...

How wonderful, Jennifer! The first photo must be a kangaroo! Or a wallaby if it's a small one.
Have a great day.

Joy said...

Super sleepy photos of cute critters. I had not heard of a binturong before and had to look it up, fascinating.

jay said...

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so all these sleepyhead pictures are making me very drowsy!

I love the one of your little Esme! So sweet!

Janie said...

So cute. You caught some great sleep poses.

FA said...

Great post. It reminds me of going to the zoo as a child - it seemed as if all the animals did was sleep.

Grace and Bradley said...

Incredible, what a nice collection of "sleep".