Saturday, May 22, 2010

Camera Critters: Insects

Photobucket
a bumblebee, resting in the sun

Photobucket
a flesh fly...flies are fascinating creatures. There are so many species, highly adapted and many are beautiful. The flesh fly probably won't be anyone's next topmodel, but look at the checkered markings on the body, I like that.

Photobucket
a male Green Longhorn (Adela reaumurella) - females have much shorter antennae

Photobucket
a female Broad-Bodied Chaser (Libellula depressa). Males are a bright blue, I saw one last year

A Camera Critters post

7 comments:

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Great macro bug shots.

Misty Dawn said...

Great macro shots of the insects! I LOVE me some bugs :-D

Hootin' Anni said...

You're brave...I'm not sure I'd get that close to a bumble bee!!

Baby Grackle

eileeninmd said...

Fantastic closeup of the insects.

Jenn Jilks said...

Fabulous shots. I posted some insects on my sidebar. Creeps some out, but I love them! Please visit my birds in My Muskoka ! They'll dispatch your bugs pretty quickly!!!

Snap said...

What a great collection of insects. They have a beauty all their own.

CherylK said...

I'm not a "bug fan", so to speak...especially flies - ick. But I have to say that these photos are excellent. Nice work!