Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nature Notes: First Flowers

IMG_5425
Primroses are my favourite flowers in the spring. The one I have on my windowsill has been blooming for a while now (it doesn't seem to know that it's supposed to be annual), but this is the first one I saw outside.

IMG_5427
the rhododendron is preparing fresh leaves

IMG_5434
a view of the backyard, I made a photo from the same spot a while ago

IMG_5431
These croci are not quite ready

IMG_5438
but these have more sun and are in full bloom. It's been quite warm for the last week or so, but I think that we will have at least one more snowfall before spring really comes. Meanwhile, I enjoy the flowers.
IMG_5439

Nature Notes is hosted by Michelle at RamblingWoods

4 comments:

Carver said...

What fun to be seeing the early signs of spring already. Lovely shots.

Ann said...

Looks like you are having annearly spring.

Johnny Nutcase said...

yay! happy flowers! I really love the croci shot...they're almost there. Great series, I could go for some flowers in the near future!

Shady Gardener said...

You are truly entering Spring weather, I think. This is wonderful - your backyard will be fun to watch! :-)