Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nature Notes: Balcony Birds

taube
One of two pigeons (Columba livia) that visit me every day. At first they both came alone, but now they always turn up together. I'm happy to see that because I'm fairly sure that one or both had lost their partner during the winter.

amsel
A female blackbird (Turdus merula). I spilled seeds from the feeder this morning and she's cleaning up.
amsel2

rotkehlchen
A European Robin trying the suet I bought. Since it already came back five times in the last 30 minutes of so, I'm declaring it a success.

blaumeise
A Blue Tit (Cyanistes caeruleus) on top of the feeder. There are also a number of Great Tits (Parus major) who come every day and they are not very tolerant of the Blue Tits.

Nature Notes is hosted by Michelle at Rambling Woods

No comments: